Saturday, May 30, 2009

Class

So, I'm realizing after this first class that although I focus a lot of my efforts on networking within the community, I do nothing with regards to business networking over the lovely interweb. I have a website, but people don't visit it. I have a Linked In account, but I always thought it was a waste of my time. With regards to social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, well... I play on them. That's all. With my business being so reliant on expanding my personal network, one would think that I would have fully explored these options before. One might say I feel semi-foolish.

Twitter and LinkedIn, in particular are applications that I could use for my business, that I don't at all. So, I think I have made this decision. Next time I make the decision to waste a good 45 minutes at work browsing status updates, looking at some cute girl's new picture album, or seeing what T.O. is up to on Twitter, I may choose to take some time instead to see what potential these social networking outlets may have, with regards to helping me with my business.

Anyway, this is my blog. It's pretty.. It's cute, and it can move mountains, feed a small village, and nurse a calf back to health. I look forward to learning more about ways to increase my business through this fancy internet thing the kids are always talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment